Petra Oil Company Product Warranty
This Limited Lifetime Warranty (the “Warranty”) is between Petra Oil Company, Inc., and you, the purchaser of the Petra Oil Product(s) identified below. Services must be performed by a professional technician at a licensed service center using an approved Petra maintenance procedure with proper Petra equipment and products.
Petra Oil Company, through its authorized claims administrator and/or insurance company, will repair or replace certain specified vehicle components that fail because the Petra Oil Products (the “Petra Oil Products” or “Products”) identified below did not provide proper protection:
Engine: Part Number 1002, 1002RS, 1020, 1100, 1100RS 1520, 1530,102055, 152055, 153055, 1020265, 1520265, 1530265,
Fuel (Gasoline): Part Number 2100, 2100B, 2100CA, 2200, 2200B, 2400, 2400B, 2700, 2700B, 2800, 2800B, 2850, 2900, 2950
Fuel (Diesel): Part Number 3100, 3200, 3300
Cooling System: Part Number 4100, 4200
Automatic Transmission System: Part Number 5100B, 52003, 52032, 52055, 52265
*CVT: Part Number 53032, 53055, 530275, 5200
CVT RESTRICTION: Eligibility begins with 2015 or newer.
CVT PLATINUM Level = up to $2,500 USD
CVT GOLD Level = up to $1,250 USD
To qualify, you must use Petra CVT Fluid (P/N 53032/53003/53055) and CVT Service Kit (P/N 5200).
Power Steering System: Part Number 7100, 7200, 7300, 7400
Brake System: Part Number 6300, 6300B, 6332, 6364, 6400, 6400B, 6432, 6464
Differential System: Part Number 89064, 814064
This Warranty covers each Product for so long as the Product is used exclusively to service the components identified on the reverse side of this page. This Warranty does not extend or become part of any other warranty on your vehicle and takes effect only after the original manufacturer’s warranty and/or extended warranty for your vehicle expire; however, the Warranty covers the deductible due under the original manufacturer’s warranty or extended warranty.
For each Petra Oil Product listed, the Warranty takes effect 1,000 miles after the Product isfirst used to service your vehicle. If the Product is used on your non-excluded vehicle after the odometer reaches 50,001 miles / 80,001 kilometers and before it reaches 100,000 miles / 160,000 kilometers, the maximum benefit provided is $2,500 USD or $1,250 if Petra transmission fluid is not used. CVT Transmission maximum benefit $1,250 USD.
For each Petra Oil Product listed, the Warranty takes effect 500 miles after the Product is first used to service your vehicle. If the Product is used before the non-excluded vehicle's odometer reaches 50,000 miles / 84,000 kilometers, the maximum benefit provided is $5,000 USD or $2,500 if Petra transmission fluid is not used. CVT Transmission maximum benefit $2,500 USD.
Terms & Conditions
This Warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Upon taking effect, the Warranty covers the Petra Oil Product for so long as the Product is used exclusively to service your vehicle. The Warranty ceases immediately upon use of any other product in place of the applicable Petra Oil Product to service your vehicle; however, the Warranty remains in effect for all other Petra Oil Products which continue to be used exclusively to service your vehicle.
- The Petra Oil Product must be first used to service your vehicle before the vehicle’s odometer reaches 100,000 miles / 160,000 kilometers. Vehicle must be no older than 20 years at time of initial service. The maximum benefit under this Warranty varies depending on when you first use the Product to service your vehicle as follows:
- This Warranty still applies if you did not use the Petra Oil Product to service your vehicle before its odometer reached 100,000 miles / 160,000 kilometers, provided that (1) you first used a substantially similar product to service your vehicle before your vehicle’s odometer reached 100,000 miles / 160,000 kilometers, (2) you complied with the terms and conditions of all other service plans and warranties applicable to the other product, and (3) the maximum benefit shall be determined based on when you first used the other product to service your vehicle in the same manner described in the preceding paragraph. Thereafter, all new services must be performed with Petra Product per the terms set forth here.
- All services required by this Warranty [or Plan] must be performed by an ASE-certified technician at either a commercial repair shop or professional installer.
- Payment under this Warranty is limited to the reasonable cost of replacement parts of like kind and quality, and the labor time necessary to make repairs or to replace any irreparably damaged parts as allocated by the Mitchell Flat Rate Guide or other industry accepted flat rate guide. The payment rate for labor shall be $90 USD per hour or the repair shop’s posted hourly rate, whichever is less. You will be responsible for payment of any amount in excess of the maximum benefit to repair or replace the specified components.
- Your vehicle must be serviced in accordance with the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendations or the schedule below, whichever requires more frequent service.
10,000 miles / 16,000 km
15,000 miles / 24,000 km
- Fuel / Diesel
30,000 miles / 48,000 km
- Power Steering
- For leased vehicles, the lessor must be responsible for the maintenance of the leased vehicle.
- You must retain all receipts evidencing all services performed with the Product, with the applicable part numbers on the receipt.
- If the vehicle is used for towing, it must be equipped with a factory installed tow package and must not be used to tow cargo weighing more than the manufacturer’s specifications recommend.
- This Warranty only covers legally registered vehicles, passenger cars, vans, SUVs, and pickup trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 9,500 pounds / 4,300 kg or less.
This Warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the following specified components:
Engine: Pistons & Rings, Wrist Pins & Busing, Rods and Rod Bearings, Intake Valves & Guides, Cylinder Liners or Bores, Rocker Arms & Pivots, Distributor Drive Gear, Cam Shafts & Bearings, Push Rods, Crankshafts & Bearings, Timing Gear or Sprockets, Turbo Bearings, Valve Lifters, Oil Pump.
Fuel: Fuel Injectors & Intake Valves (limited to malfunctions due to deposits).
Cooling System: Heater Core, Water Pump, Freeze Plugs and Radiator. (Must use coolant that meets vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.)
Automatic Transmission System: Transmission Housing or Case only when damaged by an internally lubricated part covered under this plan. (Proper fluids meeting vehicle manufacturer’s specifications must be used.)
Front Differential: Covers only the lubricated parts contained within the front Differential Housing or Case. Items not covered are the front differential housing or case, pre-packed axle bearings, U-joints, CV-Joints, and Boots, unless damaged due to failure of a covered part.
Rear Differential: Covers only the lubricated parts contained within the rear Differential Housing or Case. Items not covered are the rear differential housing or case, pre-packed axle bearings, U-joints, and CV-Joints, unless damaged due to failure of a covered part.
Transfer Case: Covers only the lubricated parts contained within the transfer case. Items not covered are the housing or case, U-joints, CV-Joints, and drive shafts, unless damaged due to failure of a covered part.
CVT Transmission: Petra’s CVT Kit and CVT fluid. Covers lubricated parts contained within the transmission housing or case. The transmission housing is only covered when damaged by a part that is covered under the program. Eligibility begins with model 2015 & newer.
Power Steering System: Covers the lubricated parts contained within the Power Steering Gearbox or Rack and Power Steering Pump.
Brake System: Covers the lubricated parts, which include the Master Cylinder, Pump, Valve and Brake Calipers.
This Warranty does not cover the Products when used on the following vehicles:
- Vehicles that have been modified for or used in competition;
- Agricultural use vehicles, taxis, buses, limousines, law enforcement vehicles, motorcycles, motor homes, delivery vehicles, construction vehicles, racing vehicles, and vehicles with salvaged, washed, branded, or junk titles;
- Vehicles with an odometer that has been changed or altered, or an odometer that has ceased to function;
- Vehicles with more than two axles;
- Vehicles maintained by in-house repair or maintenance facilities;
- Vehicles with CVT Transmissions older than model year 2014 are excluded from transmission coverage.
This Warranty does not cover claims resulting from collision, fire, theft, vandalism, contamination of fluids, acts of God, war, misuse, abuse, riot, freezing, negligence, or lack of normal maintenance required by the vehicle manufacturer.
This Warranty does not cover repair or replacement necessitated by condition(s) or damage to system components which existed prior to the use of the Product. Petra Oil Company has the right to perform an independent parts analysis through it or its administrator to determine the existence of such pre-existing condition(s) or damage.
This Warranty does not cover damage caused by operation of the vehicle during a system failure.
This Warranty does not cover rental vehicle cost incurred during repair or replacement of a covered component.
This Warranty does not cover failure of a covered component that is a direct result of a mechanical or structural flaw that the manufacturer acknowledges through any means, such as public recalls or factory service bulletins, or that the manufacturer will repair at its expense.
This Warranty does not cover storage fees and diagnosis.
This Warranty does not cover failure of a covered component that was not timely serviced in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Warranty.
This Warranty does not cover Products used on vehicles operated outside the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
The Warranty does not cover incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you.
Claims & Repair Procedures
In the event of a claim, you must notify Petra Oil Claims Administrator prior to having any repairs made by calling:
Petra Oil Company, Inc.
c/o Petra Warranty
11085 Regency Green Drive
Cypress, Texas 77429
You must provide the following documentation:
- All service repair orders showing the vehicle was serviced as required under the terms and conditions of this Warranty, including service repair orders showing compliance with previous protection plans or service warranties if you began using the applicable Petra Oil Product after your vehicle’s odometer reached 80,000 miles / 129,000 kilometers. Petra Oil Product part numbers must be indicated on the repair order.
- A complete statement of damage and an estimated repair cost statement from a repair facility approved by the Petra Oil Company Claims Administrator.
- Work should not be performed until approved by Petra Oil Company / Warranty Administrator.
- A notarized vehicle purchase date verification or lease agreement.
- If required, you must ship the damaged parts, as well as a sample of vehicle fluid involved with the damaged parts to:
Petra Oil Company, Inc.
Attn: Product Warranty
11085 Regency Green Drive
Cypress, Texas 77429
This Petra Oil Company Lifetime Warranty is transferable one time upon a change of vehicle ownership. Any dispute arising under the terms of this Warranty shall be resolved by binding arbitration in the State of Texas pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association and FTC Dispute Resolution Rule. The terms of this Warranty may not be modified. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.